In order to make his or her visit lawful, a third-country national must apply for one of various types of visas while staying in Poland for less than 90 days. There are various distinct sorts of visas that must be obtained based on the situation and circumstances, according to Polish immigration policy legislation:

  • Airport transit A type visa: The visa is provided to tourists flying to a third nation whose connecting flight involves arriving at a Polish airport.
  • Uniform Schengen C type visa: The bearer of a C type visa is permitted to enter the territory of the Member States for the purpose of tourism, visiting family or friends, business, sports or cultural activities, and so on, for a period of up to 90 days.
  • National D type visa: The holder of a D type visa is allowed to stay in Poland for more than 90 days for a variety of reasons, including business, cultural, scientific, educational training, and employment.
  • Transit C-TR type visa: When transit is the only reason for entering the Schengen Member States, a transit visa of type C-TR is given (when crossing through the territory of Poland is the shortest and most convenient route from a non-Member State to another non-Member State).


When it comes to granting non-EU people residency permits, Polish legislation is fairly rigid. Many European nations, such as Latvia and Estonia, offer a greater number of options for potential investors to apply for a resident card.

For non-EU citizens, there are now three options for obtaining a residence visa in Poland: founding a firm in Poland, obtaining an education, or obtaining a highly qualified job. According to the Ministry of Interior's data, forming a corporation is one of the best ways to receive a residency visa.


  • Resident Permit Document: Poland's residency permit is a document that allows someone from outside the country to live in the country. The 'Karta pobytu' is an example of such a document. It is usually either transitory (temporary RP) or offers an infinite right to reside (permanent RP) (permanent RP). It is usually a card, comparable to an ID card or a driver's licence, as a document. There are three primary forms of residence permit documents in Poland, each with a number of modifications, such as specialised paperwork for family members of the original document holder.
  • Visa
  • Passport